Amidst these turbulent times, we at the Aquarian desire to do our very best in helping to heal and eliminate racism in our community, state, country, and outward in the world. So an advisory board has been created in the name of discussing and creating real solutions to heal injustice and inequality everywhere as we strive for equality consciousness everywhere. The central question the board will be focusing upon is: What is the role of the metaphysical community in healing racism?
The message of the Board is that metaphysics is the teaching of how the spiritual becomes a reality, and healing racism is absolutely the territory for a metaphysical approach.
One of the offerings from the Board is the monthly blog, “Love is Letting Go of Racism,” by Professor Angela Chamblee and Nick Lasky.
- Book – Walking With the Wind: A Memoir of the Movement: Autobiography of John Lewis by John Lewis
- Book – Race Matters by Cornell West (A brief introduction into the importance of race, from the perspective of a Black intellectual)
- Documentary – I Am Not Your Negro – Based on James Baldwin’s unfinished manuscript called Remember This House. (Acclaimed author and poet James Baldwin telling his story of American racial inequality through the lives of three of his murdered friends: Medger Evers, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Malcom X)
- Book – Beloved by Toni Morrison
- TV Series – Lovecraft Country (TV-MA, HBO) is a 2020 dark, fantasy, horror show based on the novel by Matt Ruff, exploring the conjunction between the horror fiction of H. P. Lovecraft and racism in the United States during the era of Jim Crow laws, as experienced by black science-fiction fan Atticus Turner and his family.
- Documentary – 13th – (An eye-opening film showing how the modern prison-industrial complex is a modern version of slavery and how systemic racism is embedded in the justice system in the United States)
- Movie – The Enchanted Cottage (1945) (A film representation of how love can conquer physical appearance and ignorance)
- Book – All About Love: NEW VISIONS by Bell Hooks (She shares her experience and maintains eradicating racism and eradicating sexism must go hand in hand. In this book, she elaborates on the power of love as a pathway to healing and wholeness. This book is for personal reflection and transformation with the desire for relational and thus cultural transformation.)
Please stay tuned for more information and forthcoming offerings.
Meet our Board:
Professor & Poet
Metaphysical Life Coach
|John J Oliver